Sunday, July 12, 2009

The laziest weekend ever

I really did nothing this weekend. I sat around all day Saturday and did the same on Sunday. I ran to the jewelry store to get my ring serviced and some earrings fixed but ran right back home. I did figure out the trick to getting really good corn on the cob off the barbeque. You leave the husk on, peeling it back to remove the silk, slip some butter in, pull the husk back up and wrap in foil. It keeps the kernals from getting burned but then again, I kind of like the slight scorching.

Wish I could find the energy to do more.... and I want kids? I must be nuts! I also have found that when I play the Sims, I lose all interest in the game once my Sims have kids... its like they can't accomplish anything in life anymore once they have kids to take care of, their careers suffer, they never learn any of the skills they could have without kids etc. Kind of sad and funny since its partially true.

I think the cats have infected me with their laziness. I was lying on the bed wide-awake reading my book and then Clio came up to me, all adorable and looked at me with her sleepy eyes and next thing I knew I wanted a nap. It's like a yawn.. a cat blinking their eyes at you just makes your eyelids feel all heavy.

I accomplished the impossible feat though, I convinced Matt to give me the HD DVR. Its like amputating a limb but since we are trying to curtail our spending a bit, upgrading another DVR right now is not a necessary expense. I pointed out how I had to put up with the crappy TV for a year while he enjoyed the big flat panel tv for his video games etc. Surprisingly it actually worked and I'll soon be able to see my shows in beautiful HD! :)

1 comment:

  1. enjoy those weekends when you can! i was just thinking about those days this weekend. no such thing as a lazy weekened or even day with nothing to do.
    but dont' worry, when you have kids, you'll find the energy and the time for everything. its pretty crazy, actually. and you'll be looking back at this time in your life thinking- what did i ever do with myself???

    oh- and ps- i love reading your blog. i'm glad you're doing it! it makes me feel in touch with you again. yay for technology!

    ReplyDelete