Wednesday, July 8, 2009

I miss blogging, did you miss me?

So I was inspired to start blogging again by my lovely friend Kat. I used to blog quite a bit on myspace but that stopped when I had to start censoring myself and got a new job.
However, I find that I miss it quite a bit and want to get into doing it again.

The title for my blog is not the best, but its hard to be creative and since I have a history of blogging about my incredibly bizarre dreams it might help people know what to expect when they decide to read this.

Its a little hard for me to type right now since my fingertips on my left hand are tingly/sting a little. Matt (my husband) suggested we both take guitar lessons since we both own guitars and neither of us ever learned much. So now I'm practicing each day and have to build up the callouses on my fingers. A rather painful process.

Unfortunately I've become a cat person. Yes... a full-fledged cat person. I take pictures of my cats and talk about them all the time (no birthday parties though!). My defense is that I have the most adorable kitten in the world. She's a Ragdoll named Clio and every day she does something insanely cute or funny. This morning she decided the brush was attacking her so she kept clawing at it and biting it. The other night, she lay down on a chair, then got up, turned around 3 times and lay back down and promptly fell asleep. Just like a dog! Her favorite toys are crinkle balls that she carries around in her mouth, drops, bats, then chases, then picks them up and carries them somewhere else. She also goes nuts if we throw socks on her back and attacks them, even to the point of flipping around mid-air and landing on her back to attack it.

The other night, I took one of her other toys, a stuffed pink monkey, and wrapped the Velcro paws around her neck. It looked like the monkey was hugging her/riding her. Matt and I waited for her to flip out but instead she sat down and started purring extremely loud. Even when the monkey slipped around her front and was in her way when she was walking, she made no effort to get it off her, just waddled around it and kept purring. The most adorable thing ever I think.

For those of you who miss my crazy dreams, don't worry, I'll be writing about those too! One recent dream I had was that I got fired. On my way out of the building, a co-worker of mine, a pretty good friend, pointed to the tray of brownies that I had brought in, pointed to a big piece that she was going it eat, and in a bitchy voice told me 'that's going to taste so much better when you're gone'. I proceeded to get pissed off and reached into the brownie tray and started trying to smash the brownie with my hand. A pissy cat-fight ensued and when my boss told me us to break it up I told him he had to back off because this is how girls settle things.

My current job has me working through lunch most days so I won't feel too guilty about taking a few minutes here or there to blog. Hopefully you guys will enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. yay! i know you will keep me entertained........ don't know what i think of you being a cat person though..... ;)but post some pictures of your cat
    how did you get your twitter updates on there? i'll have to play around to figure it out

    ReplyDelete