Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Jury Duty

So I just finished serving on my first jury. The trial is over so I can finally talk about it.

The charges were battery with serious bodily injury. It involved an altercation in Isla Vista on a Saturday night where one guy punched another guy in the mouth, knocking him to the ground and knocking out 2 of his teeth.
The jury could not come to a verdict and they had to declare a mistrial.

The big sticking point was whether it was self defense or not.

I'm not sure how I feel about the whole thing. I'm incredibly frustrated

2 comments:

  1. was that your first? i know we had this conversation via facebook, but i swear you were on a jury duty before!
    anyways, sorry it was frustrating! my bet is that they were both drunk idiots doing the IV thing, and they're both to blame.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was my first actual jury. I was up in the selection box for a day or two on a previous trial but was dismissed.

    Surprisingly, alcohol was not a factor in this case though.

    ReplyDelete